Join Our Team!
Deardorff Orchards has been sharing its orchard with families for over 35 years, and we hire both full-time and part-time seasonal workers who would like to share our tradition of family and fun.
- Full-time weekdays - working in the field with the Orchard Manager, or in the retail shop assisting the Barn Mannger.
- Part-time weekdays - great opportunity for stay-at-home moms and retired individuals to help with school field trips.
- Part-time afternoons and weekends - perfect for high school students, or those looking for additional income.
Looking for a fun job this fall?
Every fall Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, hires a crew of people to help with the fall season. We begin the process of hiring this crew in early-August during our interview days. Fall positions run from mid - August through late October.
- We open for 2018 Season Wednesday August 15, 2018 thru early November weather allowing.
- We will be open to public Wednesday – Sunday 10am – 6PM and occasional Fridays till 7.
- School Tours Wednesday, Thursday hour sessions 9am -2pm and Friday morning.
- Pick your own apples in orchard will be Friday afternoons and weekends.
What you can expect working at Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, LLC?
- Fun, family friendly work environment (Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, LLC guests are a great bunch to work for!)
- Flexible, part time positions
- Hard working, fast paced environment (we are a farm…so we believe in old fashioned hard work. Days are busy and go fast.)
- Competitive pay for Agricultural retail environments.
- Variety (there are a lot of things to be done at the orchard. There’s a good chance you won’t be doing the same thing every day).
- Outdoor environment. Our employees tell us they love being so close to nature. Many positions (although not all) are working outside. This also means you’ll work in a variety of weather conditions.
An Ideal Candidate for Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards for Fall Crew (some positions have other requirements):
- Positive attitude and good customer service skills.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Strong desire to do what it takes to help Deardorff Orchards &;Vineyards, guests have a positive, fun experience.
- Initiative. Ability to see ways to help guests have a great experience and take proactive steps.
- Willingness to work at a variety of tasks in any given day (we believe in multitasking).
- Ability to do some lifting (for retail positions…need to be able to lift crates of apples approx 45lb)
- Ability to stand and work in outside environments for extended periods.
- Availability to work on Weekends (for most positions…except tour guides).
- Be at least 16 years old (18 years old for a few positions).
- Be looking for a fall job. Great job options for stay at home parents during school hours, high school students, retired adults, those in job transition, those looking for supplemental income on weekends.
Fall Seasonal Positions included:
- Tour Guide: Lead tours of elementary and preschool children through the facilities. Experience in teaching or leading groups is a plus. Weekdays 9 AM -2 PM; 2-3 days a week. Great job for those who want to work during school hours.
- Barn Store Crew Assist customers in our barn store. Cashiering. Prepare apples for sale. Stock shelves. Weekday and Weekend hours; part time.
- U-pick Area Crew: Direct customers to the appropriate apple and pumpkin u-pick areas. Answer questions.
- Weekend Parking Crew: Assist with directing cars on weekends. Must be over 18 years old for this position.
- Tractor Driver Drive tractor with trailer to orchards for apple picking. Prior experience with manual & hydro-static tractors is a plus. Strong safety consciousness. Must be 18 years or older with valid driver license for this position. Some Weekday mornings or weekday afternoons, but mainly Weekends.
- Cleaning Crew: Help keep the Barn and customer areas clean through the season. Weekday and Weekend shifts.
Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, LLC does almost all hiring for these positions during a couple interview days. If you want to work at Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, LLC, we strongly encourage you to come one of these days.
The 2018 Interview Days are:
- Thursday, August 9 10am -6pm
- Other times by appointment 952-210-5213 (Laura)
Remember to bring your job application. Please note you must bring with you email addresses for references so be sure to research those before you come. We look forward to seeing you!
I don’t know a lot about apples, does Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, LLC provide training? Yes, we provide trainings to our seasonal staff including “Apple School” where you will become an expert in all things apple. Tour guides will receive several hours of extensive training to prepare them for leading groups through the orchard.
I have applied for a position in the past, should I apply again? We often have more qualified applicants then we can hire so if you have applied in the past and were not called for a position and would still like to work at Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, , please apply again. Keep in mind that Weekend availability is important for many positions.
I have worked at Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, in the past, should I reapply? If you have worked at Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, in a past season and would like to return to work at Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, , please complete the availability page of the application and return it to Barn Manager before or during the interview days. It is important to contact us before the interview days. Please note: Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, reevaluates all positions each year. Employment in the past does not guarantee employment in future seasons. However, many Deardorff Orchards & Vineyards, LLC employees return year after year to the fall season.