Join Our Team!
Deardorff Orchards has been sharing its orchard with families for over 35 years, and we hire both full-time and part-time seasonal workers who would like to share our tradition of family and fun.
- Full-time weekdays - working in the field with the Orchard Manager, or in the retail shop assisting the General Manager.
- Part-time weekdays - great opportunity for stay-at-home moms and retired individuals to help with school field trips.
- Part-time afternoons and weekends - perfect for high school students, or those looking for additional income.
Hiring begins July 2018:
Apple Barn Staff
Friendly, patient, polite and energetic. Work inside the retail shop, ensuring all products and produce are properly displayed and fully stocked, operate a POS register and make correct change efficiently, answering the phone, general cleaning, pricing merchandise, serving at the coffee bar, assisting customers, and other duties as assigned. Work outside the barn cleaning and straightening tables, chairs and wagons, monitoring activity in the play area, restocking the restrooms, emptying trash and recycling cans, and other duties as assigned.
- Be at least 14 years old, and have reliable transportation.
- Possess excellent people skills.
- Able to work independently, as well as with others.
- Dependable, responsible, and confident.
- Willing to gain knowledgeable about our orchard's history, current special events, merchandise and harvest schedule to answer customer questions.
- Able to follow written and oral instructions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Light (25 pounds) to heavy lifting (40 pounds - apple bushels).
- The barn is not insulated, so when it is hot outside it is hot inside, and when it is cold outside it is cold inside. Dress accordingly :)
- It can get very noisy in the barn, especially when we are busy or there are children present, which is often.
School Tour Guides
Lead small and large groups of elementary and preschool children through a fun and educational orchard experience. Must be available 3-4 days a week between 9am - 2pm. This is the perfect job for those who want to work during school hours.
Harvesting and packing apples, pruning and thinning apple trees, mowing and general landscaping, feeding and watering the animals, and other duties as assigned. Must be motivated, have attention to detail, be able to lift 50 lbs, and safely operate various farm equipment. Must be available to work week days, and some weekends as needed.